Friday, March 7, 2008

sarah and sheila blog from Minnesota

So here I am again, blogging just so that nobody yells at me for not posting in so long. Today I have a special guest, Sarah Heintzelman. We're hanging out in the Colemans' house after a long day/night of driving yesterday.

Sarah, do you have anything you'd like to say to the world?

"The sun is out and it's beautiful."

That's true. It's chilly up here but the sunshine is gorgeous.

Our trip was uneventful - no speeding tickets or car accidents ;) I have a great photo I'll share with you later of Sarah kissing a fake bear at the rest stop ("my hunka hunka burnin' love," she says) and another of Michael drinking, or being attacked by, a can of soda. Our photo of Justin's headlights that he used for reading in the backseat of the van didn't come out quite as we would have liked - from the front seat where I was driving it looked like he had two blue eyes in his forehead - didn't quite get that effect.

Sarah, what else should I tell everyone?

Oh yeah, we watched "The Client" in the backseat in the early part of the trip. Sarah and Justin, in the front, just listened so periodically I would pretend to be helpful and tell them what was going on onscreen. "OK, so the guy killed himself now ..." "What guy?" "The guy in the car that the kids saw ... "What kids?"

Anyway, soon here we're off to the Mall of America (what a stereotypical thing to do! but it will be fun). In a couple days I'm sure I'll have a much more interesting post for you, full of our Minnesotan adventures, Until then, this is Sarah and Sheila, signing off!

"How's that, Sarah?"
"Beauteous."

3 comments:

sarahe said...

I'm glad you are having fun. Give Amy DeCelles a big hug from me when you see her. Wish I was there!

uncle jim said...

we missed you all in south bend ... the conference was well received - i managed to come into south bend trying to get rid of a severe cold, and ended up with an abscessed tooth to take home with me as a memento.
lots of docs in the crowd to get advise from [and scrips].

uncle jim said...

Dawn Eden, "the Thrill of the Chaste" is coming to ND next week 3/28
............
March 28

Edith Stein Project 2008 Conference, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind., 1 p.m. Register online.
............

Go to Dawn's site for more info

http://dawneden.com/dawneden/blogger.html

or for the book at

http://www.thrillofthechaste.com/

take your friends and meet her and get her message - tell her uncle jim sent you all